Tuesday, June 10, 2008

As an independant producer, what kind of program would you develop for the networks?

Television these days are horrible, it is all "reality" t.v which in the end, is fake. If I was an independant producer I would definately be a host of a talk show, some what similar to Tyra Banks. I would bring to life real every day topics that happens here at home, and topics that any audience can relate to or hold an interest in, whether it be towards teenagers, mothers, fathers, gays, or straight.
Documentaries are extremely appealing to audiences considering you have actual footage and it is not staged nor fake. The fact that I hold an extreme interest into Polygamy, and human trafficking, I think I would do a couple of shows concerning those two specific topics. I think too many realities get shoved under the bed and no one really sees what is going on right here in America,.By hosting my own television show, I would bring these realities to life and show people a lot more than they anticipated. I would love to go to where some of the polygamist live and if they cooperate, interview them. It's real issues like these that will get the ratings, not like Jerry Springer, or the Simpsons, or reality shows like Tila Tequila, Maury, which have no intellectual meaning behind it.
We need television that broadens and expand our mind, television that isn't trash but instead something you are able to learn from. With my show, instead of people looking at television as bad and too many hours spent wasted, it will be looked at as well great hours watched that people are actually learning from.
I would also focus on aspects that our teenagers are facing today, issues ranging from eating disorders, drugs, sex, rape etc. A lot of people aren't able to speak about what has happened to them in life because of muliple reasons, I want to get my voice out that the first thing you should do is speak up. Evidently, I dont think that people are getting enough encouragement these days to deal with their issues, but instead to just hide them. A lot of times they are scared to tell their parents, and with my show I would build them up to get the courage to tell their parents what is going on in their life, and help them through everything.
As far as being immune to pressures that exist in this process, I personally think I wouldn't be immune because I wouldn't let anything get in my way. If I have a dream I am going to accompolish it no matter how hard it might get at times, or what people have to say.

No comments: