Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Are you proud of your book-reading habits? Why or why not?

As a prior book worm, I can't say that I am proud of my book-reading habits as of this point in time. A couple of years back I was an avid reader, I would read all day long. I was never really picky on the choice of books, but Harry Potter was a big favorite of mine, so every time a new one came out, I would be in line to buy it. Depending on the schedule of my day at that time, if I didnt have any plans I would just read all day until I fell asleep,so it wouldn't take me too long to finish a book, maybe one week, two at the most.


During the course of high school is when I just stopped reading in general. I got very lazy, and even the books in class that we were suppose to read I slacked off and basically just skimmed through it. Now entering college I realized again how big of a deal reading actually is and how I need to start back up again because the hours of television watched rather than reading really makes a difference come study time, and in my opinion ones intelligence.


Over the last couple of years my reading habits have been maybe three books a year at the most, IF even that. The time frame however is a different story, it probably took me months to finish it just because I always found some way out of reading.


One of my favorite authors is, J.K Rowling, because the fact that I am a strong Christian, and don't believe in magic but yet she was still able to captivate my attention, and made me want to go buy her other books really impressed me. Other than Rowling, I dont have a major favorite author. I prefer books based on a true story of a person like the book "A child called it." That was amazing to read, and he also wrote another one following that book about his life now that I read as well. I could probably tell you all of the events that happened in the book, but what I couldn't tell you is his name. In my preference, I don't really pay attention to the authors. When I read a book a lot of times it is referred to me, or I come across it some how, but if you were to ask me half of the books I read and the authors name, I honestly wouldnt be able to tell you.

No comments: